What is KAHSA, Inc.?
To encourage and support home-educating families in raising their children as leaders who exemplify a biblical worldview.
KAHSA will ignite a passion for home education in Christian families!
To support our Mission and Visions, KAHSA, Inc. provides:
- Newsletter - The KAHSA Connection is the source for local information you need to stay informed about what's available and happening in the Kalamazoo area for homeschoolers. Volunteers needed to make this newsletter happen
- Regular Email Updates - This service provides timely updates about breaking news. These include events like field trips, news which affects homeschooling, and member welfare/prayer requests.
- Full Website Access - Membership has its privileges and members have access to certain features of the website which are not open to the general public. Volunteers needed for improvements to the member access part of the web site
- Reduced Rates - HSLDA offers a discount for those who belong to KAHSA. In addition, the teacher identification card is recognized by many stores which offer a teachers' discount.
- Support Groups - KAHSA promotes many smaller support groups which are available to both KAHSA members and the general public. Information about these groups can be found on this website
- Access to the KAHSA Library - KAHSA has a library of helpful resources including tapes, DVDs, CDs and books. Contact Amy Burns at email@example.com
- Special Events - The KAHSA Used Curriculum Sale, Talent & Exhibit Night, Track and Field Day, and the KAHSA Home School Expo are just a few of the events sponsored by KAHSA each year.
- Teacher's ID Card - Many businesses give discounts to teachers. Most recognize homeschooling parents as teachers when they present their official KAHSA Teacher's ID.
- Membership Directory – Directory of home school families that have joined KAHSA. Some families send in a family photo. Provides contact information for each family.
- Other – KAHSA is looking for your suggestions. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer to help or make suggestions.